October 29, 2011

A Lace Trimmed Wedding

 Just about a month ago today (this is how behind I am on posts) we were having one of our first rains of the season, and I was worried for E&J's upcoming outdoor wedding. But lo! The clouds parted to reveal freshly cleared skies and soft sunshine, making the views from the iconic Auberge du Soleil even more breathtaking. The happy couple married with a backdrop of the Napa Valley, punctuated by roses, passionvine, and Queen Anne's lace from Petaluma, larkspur from Pescadero, stock from Half Moon Bay, lyismachia from Gilroy, and dahlias from Miramar.

I made the lace accents from a stash of vintage trims I first acquired while going to school in Iowa, and had carried along with me to Boston, Vermont, and back to California, waiting for a worthy use. I'm glad I held out! The incredibly sweet E wanted to incorporate as many lace detail as possible throughout the celebration; I can't imagine a more perfect use for my long hoarded treasure!

Congratulations again, E&J! It was a joy and honor to be a part of your day.










4 comments:

  1. I'm diving into that last photo - you can't stop me - here i go - waaaaaaaaa, it's great in here!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not the only one who wants to swim in/eat flowers on occasion : )

    ReplyDelete