June 14, 2011

Luke Snyder Studio Photo Shoot


A couple months ago I had the pleasure of contributing to a tiny little photo shoot inspired by E. F. Schumacher's “Small is Beautiful”, a book which elaborates on ideas such as “the aim should be to obtain the maximum of well-being with the minimum of consumption”. To create a festive and beautiful atmosphere while conserving resources, we incorporated vintage, local, and reusable details. Examples include retro dresses from Wildcat Vintage Clothing, mismatched silver service gathered from family and friends, La Saison's amazing Orange Scented Olive Oil Cake (deliciously fragrant with seasonal California ingredients), and a bridal bouquet of locally grown flowers (which, cut short and placed in a low ceramic vase, doubled as the head table centerpiece).

Luke Snyder, who heads up the talented team of photographers at Luke Snyder Studio, is inspiring not only for his ability to capture emotion, light, and the shyest subject's inner extrovert, but also his dedication to living simply. His studio is a certified Bay Area Green Business, formal recognition of the careful attention he pays to how his actions affect the environment and community. 

Luke was kind enough to share these gorgeous photos. Thank you, Luke, for the beauty!













All photos in this post copyright Luke Snyder Studio.

4 comments:

  1. Jaime, those colors are genius! I didn't recognize that plummy hellebore at first..I thought it was some Exotic California shrub flower, and I WANTED some! I am so inspired. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shelley! The palette was a little outside my comfort range- so BRIGHT! - but I think those plummy hellebores helped bring it back down to earth. ; ) That variety is spreading little babies around like mad in the garden, and though they say all the offspring is different, ours all look about the same. Not that I'm complaining! I wish I knew the variety, I'm sure they'd thrive in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! and Wow!!! So incredibly beautiful! Love the color contrast of the orange with the purples! Again, amazing!

    ReplyDelete