February 11, 2011

Scorpions and all

Yesterday, Ben gallantly "took care of" a scorpion that was apparently residing under his dresser. All night I had dreams of the things in creepy places, like on my bedside table, the floor by the bed, etc. Has the East softened me?? Annnnyways, here's a little Spring bouquet made with all local stuff: ranunculus, narcissus, buckeyes, sharon ferns, and arum lily leaves. Which is why I love California, scorpions and all. (Accompanying flowers to wear hopefully coming along soon . . . ).


5 comments:

  1. Ben is officially a better man than his father. That scorpion would still be there if it was me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Ben! I think that you can now officially list "able to 'take care' of scorpions" on your resume ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben's Dad: Come, now, "better"? I think that all depends on your point of view . . . for example, I'm sure there are many scorpions who wish there were more men like you! ; )

    Clare: Right? If that is not a marketable skill I do not know what is. Congrats on your new gig, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lord, I bet that smelled like heaven.
    Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, FF! Yes, heaven. Or sunshine. : )

    ReplyDelete